Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Look at me.... I can read

So today Mason was sitting in his room and reading a book....well...more like looking at it. I heard him raddle off a few letters and then heard him say, "train." I thought it was a fluke but then I put together the letter he was saying and they spelled "train." HOLY CRAP!!! Then he turned the page and started to spell airplane and turned the page and spelled bus and then would say each word together. I know he was using the pictures to determine the word BUT....I must say it was so GREAT! If you wanted to know it was a book called the "pigeon that goes"(thanks marie for the book). It is so exciting when your kids do crazy things like this and surprise you with how smart they are. I pray that he is smarter then me because anyone that reads this blog knows that I can't spell and I don't use correct grammar. SO....I am always happy to see learning on his own. We played "I spy" at the grocery store yesterday to keep him quiet and good and he was so excited about finding letters. He would say, "mom look at the letter P behind the r." (for the word price) I know all kids are smart like this but...let me have my mom moment! :)

No comments: